Thailand’s East Coast  » Travel  »
  • A truly delicious meal and I thought I could find this dish there
  • But the good side was that I love the lush green hills and the fruit orchards which was visible during my ride in Pattaya
  • I also managed to spend some quiet time by the sea which proved to be really amazing
  • Although the locations were pretty secluded, I really felt it could be a perfect location, most definitely
  • I suppose the best advice would be to crowd in a packed-place with tourists, but if you dare to be alone, explore the 2 islands I have mentioned to you earlier

• by deadpoet

Thailand’s East Coast is near to the Cambodian boder and I have another chance to set foot in this part of Thailand with my boyfriend and 2 of his friends before. There were lots of amazingly attraction places and our first stop was in Pattaya. Pattaya reminds me of a traditional Indonesian/Malay dish called “Nasi Pattaya” or also known as Pattaya rice. A truly delicious meal and I thought I could find this dish there. There was, but it was set differently with some added ingredients here and there. But the taste was awesome.

So, talking about Pattaya, which used to exclusively featuring Thailand’s premier beach resort, the place has been littered with developers thinking of ideas to expand the usage of the place. It looked polluted to me and already

cramped with the holiday vacationers like myself an the rest. But the good side was that I love the lush green hills and the fruit orchards which was visible during my ride in Pattaya. I also managed to spend some quiet time by the sea which proved to be really amazing.

In short, Pattaya is a fun city rather than a true blue beach resort. There were also lots of industrial estates and port facilities. I love the small and fun boat rides on the Pattaya Bay and perhaps that was just about fun in all. Other than that, I did try a bit of go-karting which was not that bad and also some tennis and badminton. The water pollution was pretty visible in Pattaya and my friend told me that ...

• there were also rampant prostitution around, ewwww! I certainly felt that Pattaya is trying too hard to be a beach resort destination, and I have mixed feelings about it.

Next off, the rest and I explored Ko Samet and I totally have a different feeling about Ko Samet. In fact, I love it so much and there were 2 islands; Ko Samet and Ko Chang. We went for both and the similarity was that these 2 islands have amazing restaurants with great menus. The places were also less expensive and I remember having a meal over at Bruno, which serves international style gourmet dishes. In Ko Samet, we spent time at the White Sand Resort, which was pretty mid-priced and while in Ko Chang, we spent time in the White Sand Beach

Resort. Although the locations were pretty secluded, I really felt it could be a perfect location, most definitely. We also managed to check out Rayong and there were some beaches in Rayong and the area was also near to some fishing villages.

I would say that I felt truly humbled visiting these places and really love the experience so much. The overall view that I felt, including the rest that went with me was that some locals looked pretty dangerous to us and that was in Pattaya mostly, where there were places known for Thai Boxing. I suppose the best advice would be to crowd in a packed-place with tourists, but if you dare to be alone, explore the 2 islands I have mentioned to you earlier. I give this review an 8.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38311242320230/k2311a113/11.3.07