Formule 1 London Hotel  » Hotels  »
2.5
Thurrock, London - UK
  • It is one of the few new hotels in UK and compared to other London hotels, this one cost cheaper most definitely
  • When we finally went up to our room, I was happy to find that the room we had was clean although there was a strong tobaco smell that made me want to puke

• by deadpoet

Formule 1 London Thurrock is relatively a pretty new hotel and I have been to this hotel recently with my boyfriend. It is one of the few new hotels in UK and compared to other London hotels, this one cost cheaper most definitely. However, there were some areas of concern like I felt that the sign-board leading to this hotel was not that clear and that was during the cab ride that I was in with my boyfriend. Even the cabby, who is a Londoner, couldn’t find the sign at first and when all of us saw it then, we agreed that it was not clear at all and the period that we arrived was during the early evening.

So visibility leading to the hotel was misleading and not clear at

all. Next, we went to the hotel room and then went to check in. The concierge did not really greet us well and looked us through up and down. I felt that was a bit of a rude gesture and told my boyfriend that. He just murmured that he knew that and told me to not make a face so much since we had just arrived. We requested for a non-smoking room actually, but was told that the hotel had none.

When we finally went up to our room, I was happy to find that the room we had was clean although there was a strong tobaco smell that made me want to puke. I really felt the smell terrible and asked my boyfriend to call ...

• in the concierge to send in housekeeping to spray something. He did and the chambermaid came up almost immediately. So, my bad feeling subsided and I felt happy a bit that at least, our small query was answered.

Next, I studied the hotel room and I felt that the room was not so much luxuriously decorated, though everything looked relatively new to me like the appliances and furniture. As for the people that were staying at the hotel at that time, I saw that they were mainly made up of couples and some young families. Most of them looked like the local people there to me but they were quite nice and friendly. As for food in Formule 1 London Thurrock, it was pretty average as well. I

had wished that the hotel could make up for its misgivings by having some fantastical taste food, but that was not to be. Perhaps since the hotel is of a cheaper one than other posh hotels in London and the fact that it is a pretty new hotel made some things like the ones I had mentioned a bit on the unforeseen side. As for my boyfriend, he felt around the same way as me too, but he thought that the views from our hotel room was great. I couldn’t deny that though.

As for things to do in Formule 1 London Thurrock, there weren’t much and I felt like there was nothing much to be done except for reading. So, for all of these, I give this hotel review a 5.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2311241880130/k2311a113/11.3.07