Buddy spy  » Software  »
  • Buddy spy software has basically design to keep record on the persons on the yahoo messenger
  • However the software is not full proof in many time it gives wrong information

• by none

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

Buddy spy software has basically design to keep record on the persons on the yahoo messenger. It’s a basically a spy ware software.

By using it, we can know if the person on our yahoo messenger list who are looking invisible are currently actually online.

All

we have to do install the software and run enter user name and password in it.

Then we have to add the person that are our yahoo messenger contact list in buddy spy as we double click on them we can know there status.

Apart from there ...

• availability it also let us know if they have a web cam mode on and also tell us about location that is in which yahoo chat room are currently available.

However the software is not full proof in many time it gives wrong information.

Specially the location

of member in the chat room.

This software only been designed to keep attract on the friend list of yahoo messenger and it does it its job fairly well .

we can rate it 7/10.

Fahda says :

Hello, Pls i need to know 1- if i installed and used Buddy Spy, would any of my contacts who are using it and scanning me, be able to know that im scanning him as well? 2- If my contact is scanning me, would he be able to see all my contacts, read my e-mails and chats? Pls. reply by details Thank you

Galega says :

No one in your contacts will ever scan you unless you authorize him to do so. The software runs in the background.

none replies :

no, all u can know is if he is online or off line n if he has a web cam, nothing more. the same applies for anyone who uses buddy spy ,all he can know is if u r online n if u got a web cam, thats it

Galega says :

Exactly, that’s all information one can expect. Even these info can’t be available if the other user is on a big platform like that of Gmail or Facebook. Buddy Spy can’t game big tech companies.

Fahda says :

Thank you for your reply, but i opened a new acount on Yahoo and checked my other account while i wasn`t signed in, Buddy spy checker gave me that i was online on both Yahoo and Hotmail accounts.. how cd it be? pls advice and how accutrate is it pls?

Marg says :

I also had issues where it would say that I would signed into yahoo when I was not. This is more of a system issue, and you shouldn’t take it as someone being logged onto your account.

Galega says :

Buddy Spy has never been a great service. Whether it is Yahoo, Outlook or Gmail, there is always scope for wrong info. I think it should be taken just as a timepass and entertainment stuff without giving any serious consideration to it’s info.

none replies :

buddyspy is not 100 foolproof n sometimes it does gives wrong info, but 99 of the cases, it can tell u correctly if the user is online or off line, but its not foolproof n like other softwares it does have scope of error s

Nobody says :

Well, Buddy spy works on packet ping or Avatar packet ping network. As for the normal packet ping, 99 of the results are correct and the rest 1 depends on whether the ping was established correctly and there are possibilities of pings not being established hence fetching wrong results. As for Avatar packet ping, Buddy spy sends request to yahoo server to ping and receive a confirmation from the user without knowing of their Avatar display image… and if the person is Online But invisible , Yahoo checks for a display image in that user and if it returns a confirmation - the user is Online and Buddy spy will inform you accordingly but the problem bug arises when the User has no display image as such and thats when the results tend to be incorrect. But anyway, No software is foolproof and Buddy spy is just an example. Buddy spy, is unarguably the best Yahoo spy out there and all its features, such as Auto scan, multiple ID scans and systemised logging is what makes it the best in its category…. Happy Time with Buddy Spy

VK says :

Dear Friends. I installed Buddy 2.2… My operating System is Windows Vista. the installation got completed properly but giving error 339, Component MSWINSCK.OCK or one of its dependencies not correctly File mssing.. How to handle this.. do help me please…………………… Waiting for someone.. My email id is male38_mum yahoo.co.in

Jules Li says :

Click on start and then enter “run” into the search box and press enter. Type “regsvr32 mswinsck.ocx” into the run box and press enter. This simply re-registers the file, which should resolve the issue. However, if it doesn’t, you should run a virus scan on your computer. This is also known to be virus related.

king says :

Dear Friends. I installed Buddy 2.2 My operating System is Windows Vista. the installation got completed properly but giving error 339, Component MSWINSCK.OCK or one of its dependencies not correctly File mssing.. How to handle this.. do help me please Waiting for someone.. My email id is king4267 yahoo.in

Samir says :

Hi King,

I think there is a problem with your installation. That seems to have not completed. Buddy Spy 2.2 , the one you had installed, is the latest version and it is fully compatible with Windows Vista, among other operating systems. Many are using this software, and I can’t see any reason why you should find this difficulty.

Would you please mention the website from where you had downloaded this software?

And, I would suggest you to uninstall this program and again install it. However, please download again from CNET ( ). It should work after installation. There are many who are using it without any problems.

Jagjit says :

Dear Friends. I installed Buddy 2.20 My operating System is Windows Xp. the installation got completed properly but my id not login plz help me

mike says :

Buddy is now no longer working unfortunately it has been shutdown for whatever reason. Even their website has been closed.

Samir says :

Hi Mike,

I think Buddy Spy is still working. In fact, they had a new version only last year which is, obviously, better than previous one. I have used Buddy Spy sometimes, but no longer using it because now I am only using Gmail for communicating and chatting with friends.

Here is a CNET download link for Buddy Spy

Being the best in the industry, I don’t think CNET will continue allowing users to download a software which is no longer in use.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 30111240870530/k2311a111/11.1.07