Bank Of America  » Finance  »
2.5
  • Even though they do not have actual branch offices in my state I knew they did have ATM's so I should be all set, or at least I thought the ATM's were enough
  • I will continue to bank with them for all of my online funds such as transfering my paypal, but for anything else I think I need a place I can actually go into and physically cash a check

• by Trixxie

We have all seen the commercials for Bank of America, you know the ones that say keep the change. So, I recently sign up for a checking and savings account via their website.

The website (bankofamerica.com) is very user friendly and they even have online chat support if you need assistance. I was at first very happy with my accounts. Even though they do not have actual branch offices in my state I knew they did have ATM’s so I

should be all set, or at least I thought the ATM’s were enough. That was until the day I went to an ATM to deposit a check and found the ATM’s do not have deposit slots. I called the 24 hour bank hotline, yet another great feature I might add, and was told that in order to cash a check with Bank Of America I would need to sign and send in my check through the mail.

For some reason ...

• sending it through the mail does not strike me as very safe. What would happen if the check was lost or stolen during the mailing process? I would then be put into a position of trying to track down the check or cancel the check and wait to have it reissued. That’s not something I want to have to go through.

I really like Bank of America as they do have totally free checking, online live chat support, friendly customer service,

a 24 hotline I can call if I need assistance and much more. Sadly, the thing I am not happy with is the fact that to cash a check I have to put in a lot of effort and it seems risky. I will continue to bank with them for all of my online funds such as transfering my paypal, but for anything else I think I need a place I can actually go into and physically cash a check.

Bank Of America

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 42111240730430/k2311a111/11.1.07