Clear anti dandruff shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found that after using this shampoo, I do not have any itching even if I do not wash my head for 2-3 days
  • I think it is a herbal based shampoo although it is not mentioned
  • This brand impressed me as I was looking for a brand that would prevent excessive drying of hair and scalp along with controlling the dandruff and itch

• by Sweety

Clear anti dandruff shampoo is really good shampoo with menthol. It relieves itchy and dry scalp totally. Eliminates light dandruff as mentioned. I found that after using this shampoo, I do not have any itching even if I do not wash my head for 2-3 days. Previously, I had mild itching if

I do not wash my hair for even 1 day. This shampoo has small amount of menthol and refreshes the head every time after every wash. I think it is a herbal based shampoo although it is not mentioned. It does not make the hair extremely dry. Hair will be managebale after wash.

Clear anti dandruff ...

• shampoo is really cheaper compared to many brands. Comes with a buy one get one free offer. I think this brand is new in the market. It is manufactured by Unilever Thai holdings ltd. This brand has special anti dandruff shampoo for men with menthol. This brand is slightly costlier than ordinary one.

Good shampoo which

shows similar or better results compared to other anti dandruff shampoos. Anyone looking for a antidandruff shampoo with good results? I would say try using it and see if it works. This brand impressed me as I was looking for a brand that would prevent excessive drying of hair and scalp along with controlling the dandruff and itch.

sweety replies :

When you have dandruff, you must apply more often. Then apply it like twice very week. Not too much or too less.

Galega says :

In fact, as per the requirements, this shampoo can be used with higher frequency. You should use this shampoo, or for that matter any other anti dandruff shampoo regularly only for the duration when flakes are still there and you are experiencing itching on the scalp. Once these issues are over, and there isn t any sign of dandruff, you should stop using it. After that, you are required to use it once a week. That should suffice to stop dandruff from coming back.

Ronald Rainier F. Cayasa says :

Is it ok to use CLEAR anti dandruff shampoo everyday? cause some people always tells me that everyday use of anti dandruff shampoo makes your hair fall out easily…

ani says :

they are correct. dandruff shampoos can be rough as they exfoliate your scalp to remove dead skin cells and bacteria. they can also rob you of your hair follicles if used too much. it can also make your hair extra oily since you are constantly removing its natural oils so your scalp will think you need more and will supply more. keep usage to 1-2 times a week.

Galega says :

You should use this shampoo, or for that matter any other anti dandruff shampoo regularly only for the duration when flakes are still there and you are experiencing itching on the scalp. Once these issues are over, and there isn’t any sign of dandruff, you should stop using it. After that, you are required to use it once a week. That should suffice to stop dandruff from coming back.

If there isn’t any issue of dandruff, there is no point of using it everyday. Your friend was right in suggesting that regular use of this shampoo can result in more hair fall.

But, if you let dandruff stays there at the scalp, hair fall will result.

sorabh says :

Is `Clear Shampoo` `All Clear Shampoo` same? Which company produce Clear Shampoo?

madie001 says :

I hope I will be able to answer your question Clinic All Clear brand is the Indian version of ‘Clear ‘ brand which is the global brand of Unilever.

Galega says :

Yes, Clear Shampoo and All Clear Shampoo are the same brand.`All Clear’ is primarily marketed in India, and being an Indian you are little bit confused with this nomenclature. Actually, this was a business decision of Unilever to build on the popularity of Clinic Plus Shampoo.`All Clear’ is known as Clinic All Clear.

Sweety replies :

It is okay to use this shampoo regularly to prevent dandruff. It is not that harsh on hair with chemicals as other dandruff shampoos. However, I do not use daily, but 2-3 thimes a week. It is not same as All Clear shampoo and manufacturers are different.

Sweety,

It may not be that much harsh, but it is still stronger than your regular shampoo.

If there isn’t any sign of dandruff or if you are not feeling itching sensation over your head, then there is no need of using anti dandruff shampoo daily. However, it is still recommended to use it once a week to keep off the possibility of dandruff coming back.

Marwan says :

I have dandruff in my hair and my hair is falling every day. Now I would like to buy clear shampoo. So could you please advise how ofter it has to be used and the quantity to be taken for each use?

ani says :

1-2 times per week. amount is dependent on hair length, use enough to create lather but dont leave lather on for too long as it can dry out hair.

anne lei says :

I had the same problem before. In my case, I used Clear shampoo thrice every week. Well, it depends on how itchy my scalp. Then, I used a regular shampoo whenever I am not using Clear since my hair is the oily type. The amount I used is 1/4 of one sachet, or depending on the oiliness of my hair.

Michael Liao says :

Why don’t you try Clear Anti Hair Fall Shampoo. It really worked on my hair. I use it 2 to 3 times a week

Galega says :

The main reason of your hair fall is obviously dandruff. You should remember that the hair fall can continue, even if the dandruff will go away. It is because of the weakness developed in the roots of your hair because of severe case of dandruff. You should first get rid of dandruff. Use Clear Anti Dandruff shampoo twice a week - you can take it with higher frequency as long as your dandruff is over. Then, go for Dove Anti Hair Fall Therapy. That should give you relief from hair fall.

Sweety says :

It is okay to use clear shampoo everyday. This brand is not that powerful and I use alternate days to wash hair.

madie001 says :

This is a anti-danruff shampoo so more often than not please do not use it everyday max should be 3x a week. So possibly every other day would do. And use a conditioner and important to rinse your hair well.

Galega says :

This is an anti dandruff shampoo, which can be used regularly - daily - unless, the symptoms are over. You should not use daily when the dandruff problem is over. In that case, you should use it once a week to not again let dandruff attack your scalp.

satia says :

Hi. I have oily hair and oily dandruff and itch. Please tell me which type or Clear shampoo shoud I use? thanks satia

kris303 says :

Just the generic Clear would be ok. Not sure if they’re already offering shampoos with moisturizers, but typically, they’re pretty drying due to the meds added. But not as drying as Head and Shoulders, so it should be perfect for you.

If it doesn’t stop, you might want to try a medicated shampoo. And baby powder is great for oil control. You can lightly dust your hair, and it will soak up the oil. Works like dry shampoo.

Galega says :

You are having oily hair with`oily’ dandruff coupled with itching sensation. That is not easy to handle. I would suggest you to go for L’Oreal Professionnel Expert Serie Sensi Balance Shampoo. This shampoo is little bit costly, but ideal for your kind of requirements. It is perfectly suitable for oily hair and can get rid of dandruff within two weeks. You should also feel relief from itchiness quickly.

Sweety replies :

It is okay to use this shampoo 2-3 times a week. I use it that way and it works for me. Now, dandruff also depends on many factors such as your food intake and stress levels. I do not agree with the idea of using too many different shampoos.

Galega says :

You should use this shampoo with higher frequency only when there is dandruff. Using two times is ideal, three times will also not lead to any problem. Once dandruff is over, you should stop using it. After that, you are required to use it once a week. That should suffice to stop dandruff from coming back.

SingaporeGuy says :

First of all i started to use this shampoo….everything was fine. Then my hair started to have dandruff, when i bath before putting on the shampoo i rub my hair with water and see 2-4 hairs fall off. is it because of this shampoo or i always change deifferent shampoo? btw even though i don`t have dandruff i always use the clear shampoo, can??

ani says :

it is normal to see hair fall out in the shower. i see atleast 10 everytime i wash my hair. you can use clear shampoo even if you don’t have dandruff but i’ve suggest to you something more oriented for your hair needs.

Galega says :

Using different shampoos at periodic interval may not lead to hair fall. In fact, it is recommended by many experts.

The issue is the regular use of this shampoo. I think you should avoid to use it regularly when every sign of dandruff like flakes and itching at the scalp are over. You should use it regularly till there are dandruff. After that, use once a week to keep off the possibility of dandruff coming back.

Sweety replies :

To me, Clear shampoo seems better over Head and Shoulders.

divinagwapa says :

Both Clear and Head Shoulders are good anti-dandruff shampoos but only for a few weeks. At least, that’s how it is for me. If I use it for a prolonged period of time, I always end up getting super dry hair.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31111240670430/k2311a111/11.1.07