MMORPG: Flyff  » Games  »
2.5
  • Like MapleStory, your have classes of characters which all have special abilities or skills, and the game is also based on quests and gaining experience in order to level up
  • I found it hard to focus on and hard to figure out the controls to do everything
  • I think Flyff is aimed towards some new generation gamers, as opposed to the Nintendo generation, like me
  • The leveling system on Flyff is my favourite feature
  • I wouldn't recommend it to a first timer or to someone who is uncomfortable in the world of modern gaming (like me)

• by Becky McDonald

Flyff is an MMORPG, but a bit of an advanced one. Like MapleStory, your have classes of characters which all have special abilities or skills, and the game is also based on quests and gaining experience in order to level up.

Unlike MapleStory, however, the controls are farmore complicated, and involves use of the mouse. Flyff is a 3d game, so your can move in every direction, including up. Once a character reaches level 20, they gain the ability to fly.

I personally didn’t like Flyff too much. I found it hard to focus on and

hard to figure out the controls to do everything. It is far more complicated than MapleStory. My boyfriend, however, loves it. I think Flyff is aimed towards some new generation gamers, as opposed to the Nintendo generation, like me.

Flyff does has some neat qualities. Like each class has several subclasses. In some cases there are a hundred combinations of class levels.

Flyff has a cash shop with some pretty impressive items, as well. This is also payable by paypal. Flyff is a far more busy game than most MMO’s, with a few thousand players active ...

• on each server and world at any given time. Towns become busy and crowded quickly.

I haven’t began with quests yet, but my boyfriend finds them harder than other games. If a Flyff quest requires 20 items, you can bet that those items come from only one creature, and maybe one in 20 creatures drops them. He likes it because you end up gaining a lot more experience and leveling faster.

The leveling system on Flyff is my favourite feature. It takes far less time to level up, gaining 2-3% experience if you’re fighting a creature

within 2 levels of your own character.

I really like the fact that health bars for your character and what ever you happen to be fighting is located on the upper edge of the screen. It is easily viewable, yet not obstructive.

Overall, if you’ve played a few MMORPG’s, you might want to try Flyff. I wouldn’t recommend it to a first timer or to someone who is uncomfortable in the world of modern gaming (like me). It’s still a fun, interactive way to enjoy the interner relatively safely, and it’s free unless you choose to use the cashshop.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 283110239300931/k2311a1031/10.31.07