Rhode Island School of Design Museum  » Art  »
Rhode Island
  • In Rhode Island the most talked about museum, by the college crowd is the Rhode Island School of Design Museum
  • The time era pieces include Auguste Rodin's Hand of God from the ninetenth century, or Philip Guston (my favorite), The Road from the twentieth century

• by pastor kayte

I am not a big art museum person, so visiting this museum was not at all my idea. My daughter was writing a college paper on twentieth century art. She always talked me into this kind of thing by saying it is for school. So here I go, off to this museum.

In Rhode Island the most talked about museum, by the college crowd is the Rhode Island School of Design Museum. The kids like visiting this museum features the art work of its students, which are usually friends of my daughter so I hear all about it.

In addition to the students art ...

• the school also features the local artists and some of the art greats. There are beautiful pictures from different eras. The time era pieces include Auguste Rodin’s “Hand of God” from the ninetenth century, or Philip Guston (my favorite), “The Road” from the twentieth century.

They also have a wide selection of American

designed prints from early twentieth century artists such Grant Wood and Peggy Bacon. They have these beautiful handmade quilts. I make quilts and none of mine have the quality or tell the story that these quilts at the Museum tells.

I am still not a art museum fan, but I would visit this museum again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 183110238900331/k2311a1031/10.31.07