Dhl Shipping
  • I opened an account and found the weight of the console on Amazon (it weighed 6lbs) so I paid for the shipping price in full which was $11.00 and closed the box and tried to take it to a DHL drop box (one of those bright yellow boxes you see everywhere)
  • I was happy to get the package on its way and tracked it online via their DHL tracking system (an option available when you log in on their website) and when it was put through their sorting facility the weight changed to 30lbs

• by rich

The first and only time I used DHL for my shipping needs was in the month of July to mail an Xbox 360 console from my house in New York to a friend in Chicago. I opened an account and found the weight of the console on Amazon (it weighed 6lbs) so I paid for the shipping price in full which was $11 and closed the box and tried to take it to a DHL drop box (one of those bright yellow boxes you see everywhere).

However, the box did not fit inside their small mailing box and so I had to call them and request a pickup

which I was charged $5 although I should not have been since I could not control the size of their mailing box.

I was happy to get the package on its way and tracked it online via their DHL tracking system (an option available when you log in on their website) and when it was put through their sorting facility the weight changed to 30lbs.

I called them and was told that my account would be automatically billed, I was furious and wrote them an email suggesting that they open the package and look at the contents and sent them various links which all stated the package weighed ...

• 6lbs.

They emailed me a couple of times saying that I was wrong and I compiled more links to show them that the weight of the package was correct on my prepaid label and I told them I would call Visa and inform them of the fraud which was going on.

DHL then requested I call them to clear the matter up and I wrote back requesting that they make the change to the proper $1 rate for the 6 lb package or I would file the compliant with Visa and reverse the charges placed on my card which was $22 including the $5 pickup charge.

The package arrived

to my friends house late (it arrived at 6 although I was promised delivery at 5) and I e-mailed DHL to say that the time of arrival was guaranteed and that they were obligated to stand by their policy (which states that they will deliver the package at the location by stated time or refund your money) for being late and refund whatever I had been charged and this was eventually resolved when they refunded my account( the total $22 that I was billed).

However, I have not used them since and would not again because they have low rates which seem to be bumped up once they get your package.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 253010237961131/k2311a1030/10.30.07