Xbox 360  » Games  »
  • I bought Gears of War along with the Xbox 360
  • After I finished Gears of War, i decided getting Xbox Live
  • That's really cool because Shadowrun and GRAW2 ( and other multiplayer games ) are amazing on multiplayer, and i'm playing these demos every day
  • As you noticed, Xbox Live Gold does cost, but NOT MUCH
  • Yes , it worked for me And , yes ,unfortunately i had a problem with a xbox live account and those guys answered me in like 2 weeks

• by Ganea Dan Andrei

The Xbox 360 is a next-gen console which is competing against the Sony’s PS3 and the Nintendo Wii.

My first impressions about the 360 was : ,, Cool!’ . Why? I liked the interface, marketplace thing , I , for example , like Gears of War, i could actually turn my Xbox 360 theme into a Gears of War theme , which looks great. I bought Gears of War along with the Xbox 360 . And my impressions after I played Gears of War were:

- Mega Graphics

- No lag whatsoever, no high frame rates. Everything worked smooth even if 10 aliens were attacking me with all they had.

So the Xbox 360 is a very powerful console.

After I finished Gears of War, i decided getting Xbox Live . I live in Romania so the official Romanian Xbox Live doesn’t exist. So i got a USA adress and signed up . After I got a 1 month gold trial . First thing I did was go on marketplace where i was AMAZED! I saw a list of all the Xbox 360 upcoming or

existent games ( arcade also ) , I saw over 100 demos , I saw Family Guy , Southpark , 300 and any film or serial you want to download for a very low price. Their so many demo’s that you could download 1-2 every day and have loads of fun , I for example recently downloaded PES 8 , FIFA 08 and Simpsons Game demo, which i spent and am still spending hours every day . Their also loads of multiplayer demos . That’s really cool because Shadowrun and GRAW2 ( and other multiplayer games ) are amazing on multiplayer, and i’m playing these demos every day .

In order to play games online you need Xbox Live Gold ,otherwise you can only download things and play singleplayer mode. The 1 month trial is very cool , as I have 3 Gold Accounts and I’m gona pay 50$ for 12 month membership as soon as I get Halo 3 . As you noticed, Xbox Live Gold does cost, but NOT MUCH! 12 months = 50 $ ..cheap! And also the quality ...

• is amazing. I played Gears of War online so many times and not even 1 time I had ANY lag. It’s brilliant! Also I found a good arcade game that you should download , it’s great multiplayer on it and I had loads of fun with it . Also almost every game has patches and new content added , for example Oblivion , with the mini-expansions..that cost about 500 Microsoft Points ( check www.xbox.com or any search engine to see how much $ is 500 Microsoft Points , 1000 , 2000..) , there are also Free Maps for Gears of War some are free, some are not.

Also you get High Quality gameplay presentations to download,high quality trailers. Movies , serials on HD or Simple Quality . So amazing so far.

Xbox 360 is the perfect console , I have a Wii and a PC that is stronger then a PS3, so I know that i’m talking about . But I am forced to give it a 9 because of the following problems :

-Some Consoles Overheat

-Some Consoles Cause Disk Crashing

-The Consoles CAn Break CD’s

if their moved from horizontal to vertial while your PLAYING a game.

- The people you call for your problems , well.not all of them are bright.

BUT!

My xbox did NOT overheat and i have it for 3 months

My XBOX does NOT have a Disk Crashing Problem

My XBOX killed Gears of War because of my stupidity of turning it from horizontal to vertical ! But there is a solution to this problem ! DO exactly as I say:

Get some regular toothpaste ( not gel type )

Put some drops and cover the whole CD in toothpaste (spreading the toothpaste with your fingers)

Use hot water to clean the CD

And the most important part : While cleaning the CD of toothpaste, with two fingers, rub the cd up and down motion ! NOT CIRCULAR! That will destroy the data.

Yes , it worked for me

And , yes ,unfortunately i had a problem with a xbox live account and those guys answered me in like 2 weeks.

I gave this a 9 , but i would of loved to give it a 9.5…..

Buy a Xbox360

Xbox 360

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 282910237820931/k2311a1029/10.29.07