Dell Inspiron B130 Laptop
2.5
  • The Dell Inspiron B130 is a laptop that I got for my birthday on July 15th of 2006(15 months ago) and I was very happy to receive it since it allowed me to get rid of my bulky desktop which was very hard to move around
  • However, the when the battery is fully charged it lasts about 1 1/2 hours which is exactly half the time of one class meeting(each class is three hours) so I always need to keep the laptop plugged in

• by rich

The Dell Inspiron B130 is a laptop that I got for my birthday on July 15th of 2006(15 months ago) and I was very happy to receive it since it allowed me to get rid of my bulky desktop which was very hard to move around. I need to be able to move things quickly because I am a college student and I have moved four times within the last year which means that having a heavy computer was a huge burden on me.

This laptop was not heavy at

all, it has a 13 inch screen (which is very bright) and weighs just two pounds which makes it very portable in theory.

However, the when the battery is fully charged it lasts about 1 1/2 hours which is exactly half the time of one class meeting(each class is three hours) so I always need to keep the laptop plugged in.

The hard drive holds just 35 GB of storage which is very small considering that I have almost double the memory on my new Ipod classic ( 60gb) ...

• and my Dell Dimensions desktop which I disposed of when getting this laptop had 500 GB and stored all my dvds and hundreds of cds.

That wil not happen on this laptop because of the low amount of memory.

It has 256 mb of RAM which means that it is unable to do multiple things at once, for example you can’t go on the internet and watch a movie at the same time without the computer slowing down significantly ( the industry standard for RAM is 512 MB).

Speaking of the Internet,

this laptop has no internal wireless which means you will need to have a wired connection if you are going to go on the Internet.

So basically, this is a laptop which is very light but taking it anywhere would be pointless because of the short battery and external connection.

This laptop retails for about $400 and does not include a dvd burner (but does have a cd burner) so you should know that you get what you pay for and in the case of this laptop this isn’t much.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 632910237450831/k2311a1029/10.29.07