Lake Lurleen State Park  » Travel  »
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
  • Every site had water and electric and it was at a reasonable price

• by sadonna

One of the only state parks I have visited in Alabama is Lake Lurleen State Park. We picked it because it was the closest park to Vision Land at that time that had openings on Labor Day Weekend.

You see my husband got this hair brain idea to go to this little unknown park in Alabama because it had a wooden roller coaster that he read a

review on.

He is always looking at Theme Park Reviews web site and some other because they are roller coaster fans just like him.

So when he read the review on this one particular coaster he decides out of the blue to go see it, and ride it for him self.

So as we found ourselves crossing the Alabama state line then it became my responsibility to ...

• find us a place to stay with no notice on a holiday weekend.

This state park actually turned out to be quite nice.

We camped across from a bunch of travel trailers but everyone was nice.

Every site had water and electric and it was at a reasonable price.

We were close to the bathrooms which almost never happens when we go camping.

So how we were

lucky this time I don�t know.

The lake was pretty even though we did not spend much time at the campground because we came to go to the amusement park.

One day I would like to go back to see all the things we missed out on or did not take the time to try.

You’d be surprised at how much you really miss out on by rushing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382410236691031/k2311a1024/10.24.07