Lincoln Memorial  » Travel  »
Washington, DC

• by sadonna

The Lincoln Memorial ranks pretty high on the list of must see sights when you visit Washington, DC. When we visited I could not help but think of what the memorial symbolized to me.

My first thought was of how big it was.

Then how it was as if Lincoln were looking down on us.

I\’m not sure that would be an accurate depiction

of him.

The President of the United States of America is the highest office you can hold but that does not necessarily mean that person is better than the rest of us.

So the statue being so tall could be misinterpreted as to him thinking he was better than everyone else.

Yet, it could be that we hold a high regard for his authority.

...

• Then I looked at how he was sitting in the chair and it reminded me of a king on a royal throne or how my mom used to sit in her rocking chair while she read to me at night.

I guess well never know what the person who designed the Lincoln memorial was really thinking when he designed it but we can all

guess based on our own perceptions.

I’d be willing to bet that if you asked ten people they would all say something different because we are a diverse group of people and the thing that ties us together is the fact that we belong to the United States of America.

Which should make us all proud of who we are and what we stand for.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382410236661031/k2311a1024/10.24.07