World War II Memorial  » Travel  »
Washington, DC
  • That is why I think every American should visit these memorials to pay their respects and maybe they will not take things quite as likely

• by sadonna

When I visited the World War II Memorial in Washington, DC I was amazed at it’s size, beauty and grace. There is a large reflection pool that seemed much larger than an Olympic sized swimming pool.

At either end were platforms that looked out over the water.

You had to climb the

stairs to get up on the platform.

There was a pair of doves above the platform.

From the platform you got a birds eye view of the reflection pool.

It made me think of how many tears the loved ones of the veterans that died must have cried when they got that dreadful news.

I wondered if it could have been enough to fill up the reflection pool had they harnessed them all.

This memorial was one of the largest I had ever seen and it seemed so graceful even though what it represented was horror and nightmares in the eyes of many.

...

• World War II Memorial
      D-day was one of the biggest battles of World War II and I’m sure it represented a large portion of the deaths that occurred during that time frame.

It makes me thankful that I was born in a different time era.

I spent twelve years in the army but was lucky enough

to have never seen battle.

Having spent time in though gives you more respect for others that also made similar choices but were perhaps not so lucky.

That is why I think every American should visit these memorials to pay their respects and maybe they will not take things quite as likely.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382410236651031/k2311a1024/10.24.07