Gurtner’s Inn  » Hotels  »
Southeastern Wisconsin
  • The window had a geometric design using the colors dark blue, rust/orange, white and dark grey

• by arabgirl28

Gurtner’s is out in the country. It was originally someones home and was later remodeled into an Inn. The property is very pretty. It is not out in a cow pasture, but it is set close to some farms and there are cows in pastures in the general area. The last time I was down there, it was mid October and the trees were all decked out in glorious colors. The Inn was framed by all kinds of great big beautiful oak and maple trees. The driveway is quite long and you cross over a small wooden bridge as you drive up to the Inn.

The lawn around the Inn is filled with beautiful mums which were in bloom when I visited. They were all over the place. The lawn was beautifully manicured and there was the aroma of

herbs all around the outside of the inn. At the lobby door of the Inn were huge clumps of lavender, such a gorgeous aroma. There were urns with ivy growing out right next to the door. As you walked in through the door into the lobby there was a stained glass window which reflected beautiful colors on the oposite wall. The walls of the lobby were a cream color and the reflected colors were quite brilliant. The lobby was gallery for artists around the area. There was one artist who did oils of draft horses working, quite pretty.

There are 7 rooms to the Inn. Several of the rooms had stained glass in them. My room was one of them. The windows in my room were curved at the top and the stained glass overlays were designed to ...

• fit. The colors of the room were combined around the colors of the stained glass. The window had a geometric design using the colors dark blue, rust/orange, white and dark grey. It was a surprising combination, but it was unbelievably pretty. The carpeting was a rich dark grey. The walls were a rust/orange. The complimentary color of the woodwork was white and the bathroom was done is multiple shades of blue.

My queen bed was soft and comfortable. I had a down comforter and down pillows. I had lamps with stained glass shades next to my bed. The furniture was all mission style including a large comfortable rocking chair. The sofa is overstuffed and has a large otoman with it. I spent most of the night sitting on it watching TV. There were

dried arranged flowers all over the room which gave it a beautiful smell.

The bathroom was multiple shades of blue with dark blue floor and shower tiles. The towels were really soft and dark blue. The soap was also blue. The thing I didn’t like was the shower door. The water leaked out under the door and the floor was always wet. There was a vessel sink in the bathroom and it also wasn’t the most practical. I had a door that led to the outside from my room. There were several small benches around the lawn and I sat out there quite a bit.

I got a complimentary breakfast with my room. There were plenty of homemade pastries with fresh fruit and fresh juice. I had french toast with maple syrup and powdered sugar. Very nice breakfast.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22410236601031/k2311a1024/10.24.07