McDonalds Beaver Dam WI  » Restaurants  »
2.5
Beaver Dam, WI
  • Because we had decided to dine in (something we rarely do), we soon learned of the new McDonald's other issue
  • Personally, I think McDonalds should stop trying to be more upper class

• by Steve

Once you have a child, it’s almost a given that you’ll be making a trip to McDonalds at least once a month. When they remodeled the McDonalds on Park Street here in Beaver Dam (about 5 blocks from my house), I was excited about it because it was supposed to offer a better atmosphere and better service.

So far, I’m really not impressed.

The inside of the restaurant looks nice. The fireplace in the middle makes it look a little more upper class. But, from a practical standpoint, it’s not really an improvement.

The first time we went there, we parked in

our usual spot, the parking lot for neighboring Shopko (it’s a pain to get in and out of McDonald’s parking lot because of the way the lanes are designed). We were dismayed to learn they no longer have an entrance on that side of the McDonalds building; just the drive thru. This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense considering they have parking spaces on that side of the building and their customers have to walk some distance to get inside.

I didn’t see anything different about the counter area other than it was a little larger. You still only ...

• have one or two cashiers working so you still have a line. If you’re going to improve one thing about a fast food restaurant, that would be it. And, they didn’t do it. In fact, the food really wasn’t delivered to us any faster than it was before. I ordered it and had time to get drinks from the soda fountain and stand around a while before it was brought to the counter.

Because we had decided to dine in (something we rarely do), we soon learned of the new McDonald’s other issue. The extra d’cor required them to get

rid of some of their seating. I should mention that the restaurant was never really that big to begin with and the last thing they needed was less seating.

Personally, I think McDonalds should stop trying to be more upper class. A nice fireplace in the middle of the room doesn’t convince people you'’re anything more than a fast food place if you’re still bringing your food to your table on plastic trays. I would much rather go to the more traditional McDonalds across town because, at least there, I can find a place to sit down when I want to eat.

McDonalds Beaver Dam WI

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 72410236501031/k2311a1024/10.24.07