Zodiac (R, 2007) movie  » Movies  »
  • I will admit that this movie seemed a little slow to me at first
  • I would suggest watching this movie if and only if you happen to have an interest in historical pop culture events

• by Famous

I will admit that this movie seemed a little slow to me at first. I had seen the other Zodiac movie (slightly better than a B movie) and this one was much more thorough.

Jake Gyllenhaal provided a very believable performance.

But overall, I

was a little dulled by his overall acting in this film.

Chloe Sevigny plays his dutiful wife; and her role is so insignificant in the movie that I am even wondering why they cast he in the first place.

If you particularly enjoy films that are ...

• based on true stories, you will probably enjoy the movie simply because of the subject matter.

The fact that the Zodiac killer was never caught makes the story chilling.

But because there is no real “ending”, one might finish the film feeling a bit unsatisfied.

I

would suggest watching this movie if and only if you happen to have an interest in historical pop culture events.

The acting is believable and authentic.

But the delivery is quite a bit sluggish.

It will take about 45 to 50 minutes just to “get into it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112410236421031/k2311a1024/10.24.07