Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale  » Electronics  »
  • I have been trying to shed some pounds, and as much as I dislike stepping on the scale I did decide to invest in the Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale made by Thinner technologies
  • Initially I thought the price tag for this digital scale a little steep
  • The great thing I found about using the Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale is that it stores your weight from the first time you step on the scales, so you can measure against it daily, weekly or whatever suits you
  • Not only that, but this Scale tracks pound by pound exactly how much weight I have lost, so I know if I am on target with my goal or not
  • Similar scales are available at my local hardware store for about half the cost

• by Melissa Glenn

I have been trying to shed some pounds, and as much as I dislike stepping on the scale I did decide to invest in the Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale made by Thinner technologies. Avon has partnered with Curves, and it was actually through my Avon dealer than I purchased the scales for $74.99CDN.

Initially I thought the price tag for this

digital scale a little steep. The scale is a decent size and is made in tough white plastic with a fairly large LCD screen to read your weight. Steel bands go across the scale to show you where to place your feet, but other than that the design is non descript.

The great thing I found about using the Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale is that it stores your weight from the first time you step on the scales, so you can measure against it daily, weekly or whatever suits you. For myself, I weigh myself every two days, and can see if I have lost even a fraction of a pound with these scales.

Not only that but the LCD screen on the ...

• Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale
      Curves scales is split so I can see the weight I started out with, and program in my target weight by the use of the easy to use buttons below the screen. Not only that, but this Scale tracks pound by pound exactly how much weight I have lost, so I know if I am on target with my goal or
      not.

The Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale only weighs about four pounds and has a very slim design. It is functional easy for me to use, but I still don�t think it was worth the $74.99CDN price tag. Similar scales are available at my local hardware store for about half the cost. I assume I am really paying for the Curves name.

Don says :

How to delete prior users and set my own information in the scale

John says :

Don, this can be done by removing the batteries. This will clear the settings.

Galega says :

You can erase the information of previous users through the Tool Setting Window. Press new and start afresh for your data. Also, there may not be any need to delete the information of previous users.

sandy gerstenmier says :

what kind of battery does this scale require?

John says :

It runs off of two 3V litium batteries.

Galega says :

You will be required to use two 3V Lithium Ion batteries with this scale. You can see the relevant information on the manual provided with the scale. To replace the batteries, flip the scale over and look for the battery compartment located on the bottom side. Check the small screw that secures the compartment cover to see if it is a Phillips head or flathead screw. Use the appropriate screwdriver to remove the screw by turning it counterclockwise.

VICTORIA says :

HOW DO I SET MY SCALE TO LBS INSTEAD OF KG?? THANK YOU

Jules Li says :

Flip the scale over. On the bottom depending on the model, there should be a switch to change between LBS and KG. Switch it over to LBS.

Galega says :

At the back of this scale, you will find a unit button. Press it for few seconds. Leave it. And, again press the same button. See the display. The unit should have been changed from Kg to Lb.

quick note by anonymous :

what is the model number for the curves thinner scale from Avon?

John says :

The scale you’re referring to was sold by Avon, but it’s the Conair TH208.

Gail Milton says :

I replaced the batteries and now it is not right. It is off by 10 lbs. How do I fix it???

Kipley says :

Remove the batteries and put them back in, making sure that you’re not putting any weight on the actual scale. I think that you pushed the batteries in, which made the scale set 10lbs as 0lbs.

Galega says :

If it is getting power, then there should not be any problem with the display. Ensure that there is nothing on the scale which is making it show 10 lbs. You can also remove the battery and reinsert it after 10 seconds. That will reset the machine and hopefully then it will start to show the desired result.

MaryLynn says :

re : I have been trying to shed some pounds, and as much as I dislike stepping on the scale I did decide to invest in the Curves Digital Weight Loss Scale made by Thinner technologies
I was trying to do the same invested in also.

re : Initially I thought the price tag for this digital scale a little steep
I thought steep also however, was that serious about losing willing to invest in myself.

MaryLynn says :

re : Not only that, but this Scale tracks pound by pound exactly how much weight I have lost, so I know if I am on target with my goal or not
It was actually keeping me on track.

MaryLynn says :

re : Similar scales are available at my local hardware store for about half the cost
I haven’t found these [at] any hardware store.

Sheila Aldsworth says :

Is there a way to calibrate these scales?

darren says :

You should a reset button or a small knob that has a zero dial on it. If it’s a reset button, you will need something small like a tootpick to reset it.

Galega says :

There is nothing in the settings of this scale to calibrate the machine. I would suggest you to reset it, which should give you desired result. Please follow below mentioned instructions to easily reset the machine:
Remove all batteries from the back of your scale.
Leave the scale without its batteries for at least 10 minutes.
Reinsert the batteries.
Place your scale on a flat, even surface without carpet.
Press the center of the scale with one foot to wake it up.
“0.0″ will appear on the screen.

Now, the scale has been reset and should be calibrated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162410236330931/k2311a1024/10.24.07