Quick Brite LED Lights  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • If you're looking to light areas of your house, these are definitely not worth your money

• by Steve

We are unable to plug in a night light in our hallway or bathroom; making it very difficult to see at night unless we actually turn on a light (something that I would prefer not to do). Needing light in those two places and a few other areas, we purchased a 10-pack of Quik Brite LED lights.

The lights run on batteries so there’s no

need to plug them in. However, the quality the give us doesn’t add up to the price we paid.

For one, 8 of the lights have magnets that need to be separated from the lights to make them work. The idea behind this is, you put the light on a door with the magnet next to it and, when the door is closed, the light ...

• stays off; when the door is opened, it comes on. The magnets need to be within an inch of the light. This just isn’t practical in many of the areas we would like to use them.

The sticky tape on the back of the lights also isn’t that strong. I have two lights in my pantry. Each morning, I find one on the floor. I

can keep the light up if I use clear duct tape. But, that dims the light so much, it isn’t worth having it in the pantry any more.

I spent $15 on 10 lights; $1.50 each. Considering only two have worked successfully for us, I feel like I was ripped off. If you’re looking to light areas of your house, these are definitely not worth your money.

quick note by anonymous :

For use in drawers, cupboards, closets, medicine cabinets, fuse boxes, tool boxes,
    or any small dark places with a doar.

anita barra says :

what is the small magnet for? i like the light and want to put it on my door but the light won`t go off unless i touch the small magnet to it. both items have sticky backs and doesn`t indicate you even use them, why are thet there and why no instructions as to how to apply them and especially how to turn them off. thanks for your help

John says :

The magnet is to be used for attaching it to a door to automatically enable and disable it by opening or closing a door. You’ll have to install it so that it meets the magnet while closed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 532410236260931/k2311a1024/10.24.07