Blackberry Curve 8310  » Phones  »
  • I am in the process of moving and wanted to make sure I purchased a cellular telephone that would allow me to stay in touch with friends and family around the world

• by Melissa Glenn

I am in the process of moving and wanted to make sure I purchased a cellular telephone that would allow me to stay in touch with friends and family around the world. Not being a techy savvy person, I asked my friend for help and she suggested I try the Blackberry Curve 8310 World Phone.

This Blackberry 8310 is quite expensive, and so my friend let me borrow hers for a couple of days

to see if I liked it and whether or not it would fit my new lifestyle. This Blackberry is very stylish it is all in silver and has quite a large screen that makes it easy to see numbers and letters when you are either using it as a telephone or using it to browse the internet or check for emails.

What I did not like about this Blackberry, is that it was just ...

• a little too broad to fit comfortably in the palm of my hand. I imagine it would do quite well in a man’s hand but in mine it felt awkward and despite the fact that it bills itself as having and ‘advanced qwerty keyboard’ the keys were actually quite small and difficult to manipulate. That said, one redeeming feature of the Blackberry 8310 was the space bar was a good size which made
        it easy when texting or trying to send an email message.

All in all the Blackberry Curve 8310 World Phone has a clear crisp sound when calls come in. I never encountered any static despite calling the US and the Uk and the screen is very clear when you surf the Internet. It’s very slim design however; makes it a little difficult to hold comfortably when walking and the price tag of $599.99CDN is a little steep.

Blackberry Curve 8310

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372310235470631/k2311a1023/10.23.07