Picture Perfect
1.5
  • I think the script to this movie was written buy women who actually believe guys are so desperate they will do anything for a woman as long as she's good looking

• by Steve

I’m not sure what it is about Jennifer Aniston movies, but, whenever I see them, I just can’t stay focused on them.

Her movie Picture Perfect, which I saw for the first time on Sunday, is a perfect example of this. It’s a feel-good love story but I honestly think it’s a stupid premise that just doesn’t work.

Aniston is an advertising executive who can’t get promoted because she’s single and her boss is afraid she has nothing to hold her down and keep her from leaving the company. Sexual harassment aside, you would think holding her back

would be more likely to cause her to leave than promoting her. And, even though I could relate (I can’t get a promotion because my bosses don’t want to find someone to replace me at my current position) the whole concept feels awkward to me.

So, when she (or actually a friend) invents a relationship out of thin air using a photo of Aniston and a video photographer at a wedding, I really do have problems buying the fact her bosses fall for it even though she gave no indication of being in a relationship prior to ...

• her finding out it was the only way she could be promoted.

The love story that develops between her and the guy she met at the wedding is even more bizarre. I think the script to this movie was written buy women who actually believe guys are so desperate they will do anything for a woman as long as she’s good looking. Aniston insults him and practically abuses him yet he keeps coming back for more? No way. Never would happen in real life. The second she offered me money to pretend to be her date, I

would have taken it and then never seen her again; obviously her career is much more important to her than an actual real-life relationship. Guys are much smarter than movies seem to think.

If you’re someone who believes true love can happen in all situations, including in instances where the woman is an absolutely horrible to the guy throughout and then begs for redemption; then this is a movie you would probably enjoy. For me, it’s nothing more than a lousy movie built on an unbelievable premise and not one I would waste my time watching ever again.

Picture Perfect

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112310235350631/k2311a1023/10.23.07