Sentosa Island  » Travel  »
Singapore
  • Like for instance, in any part of normal Singapore, a soda drink would cost around $1.20, but in Sentosa you can get it as high as $1.50 and even $2.00 for some
  • That really depends, so if you have a hotel stay there, better chuck on the soda drinks in the hotel, which I think wouldn't make much of a difference to the other priced drinks in the island
  • First and foremost, I really love the exhibits on display and one of the best places that I love would be the Underwater World visit

• by deadpoet

My pen-pal from US had come to Singapore before and I had brought him to one of the most hot favorite places to check out in Singapore which was Sentosa Island. This place is an island by itself, mainly separated from the other places in Singapore. But it is more located near to the Western area of Singapore and close by to the Harborfront MRT station as of now.

I went a lot of times as a Singaporean already but a word of caution. Things there tend to be doubly priced from the resort hotel right up to the food and drinks. Like for instance, in any part of normal Singapore, a soda drink would cost around $1.20, but in Sentosa you can get it as high as $1.50 and even

$2.00 for some. That really depends, so if you have a hotel stay there, better chuck on the soda drinks in the hotel, which I think wouldn’t make much of a difference to the other priced drinks in the island. So, best advice? Just bear with it and try not to get thirsty easily as there are loads of nice places to be explored in Sentosa Island.

First and foremost, I really love the exhibits on display and one of the best places that I love would be the “Underwater World” visit. Each exhibit would have their own fare ticket price and if you take a cab directly from the Underwater World, it would be a bit on the expensive side. There is however the monorail transport facility which is ...

• free, but the rides are always crowded and the queue are always slow. That is because a lot of people love the rides which basically bring you to different pit-stops.

As for getting off the island, you must plan your route well and try to get off on each place and explore rather than going back to back. There was this particular moment whereby me and some friends and my pen-pal had make the grave mistake of walking from the main entrance right up to the next 2 pit-stops and boy was it so thirsty. We really regretted our move and in order to get up to the monorail, we had to take some flights of stairs. Really hard work, if you ask me.

Next off, there were also diving sessions that one

could have once in the Underwater World and guess why I love this place so much compared to everything else in Sentosa Island? That is because for one, the place is on air-conditioned and the next would be the area is filled with nice people and staff. My second next favorite part of Sentosa Island would be the Siloso Beach but nowadays the trend is that the place is filled with youngsters posing their bikinis and swimwear. It was really irritating to see them screaming at the top of their lungs but the seawater is really great.

It would be great to have a local guide map and walk through the different areas in Sentosa Island. This is a tourist much watch and a go-to place. I recommend it 100%.

Sentosa Island

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382310235240631/k2311a1023/10.23.07