Victorian Rose Bed and Breakfast  » Hotels  »
Wisconsin
  • Actually, I believe, the effect of the room was not to be distracted from by the tv
  • The whole environment was meant to be embraced and enjoyed
  • The complimentary breakfast was another unique experience - the table was set with china, lace, flowers and crystal

• by arabgirl28

This is the most unusual bed and breakfast I have ever seen. First of all, the bed and breakfast is a Victorian era church. According to the description I was given it is specifically called a Victorian Gothic Style. The most striking feature of the bed and breakfast is the extremely tall steeple. As we drove into town you could see the steeple from a good 5-6 miles out of town. As you walk into the building you can see up into the wooden steeple. I guess it is approximately some 90 feet high.

Everywhere you look are little angels made from clay and located up over the windows like there were overseeing what was happening in the Inn. All are very very lifelike but very small. You could see definate strands of hair and fingers and eyelids. It was something to behold!! As you walk up the steps into the church there are 12 steps. The steps to the outside also have 12 steps. So it is a very

tall building - you are already way up when you walk up the 2 sets of steps. As you get to the 2nd set of steps you are greeted by the lobby, front desk and the front sitting room. The wallpaper is grey and lilac stripes with a grey and lilac floral border separating it half up the wall. The upper portion of the wall was a real light lilac. The sofa is a dark blue crushed velvet. Very rich looking. It had a hugh grandfather clock on one wall and an antique sleigh on the opposite wall. There were antiques all over the place. Old round eye glasses, men’s razors, mustache cups, brush and mirror sets and to much else to mention.

There are 4 rooms to the bed and breakfast. I slept in the gothic room. You have to understand that all the rooms had the monumental stained glass windows and 2 had the pressed tin walls. As I walked into my room, I walked under a gothic arch ...

• into my room. I was greeted by all those little angels again. Only this time they were painted in gold. The walls in my room were pressed tin in a gold color. The floor was the original pine from the church. The carpet that was in the room just extended to a portion of under and in front of the king size bed. The carpet was very victorian with large burgundy roses and scrolly ribbons on a dark green background. It was gorgeous! My bed was a king size bed was plain not carved, but it had hand painted roses on it. The colors were beautiful and the bed was extremely comfortable. I had a memory foam mattress with a down comforter. The pillows were also down. The drapes were burgundy with lots of gold fringes. There was an armoire in the room also with blowers painted on it. There was another velvet sofa in my room of the same style of the one in the lobby. There
        was “no” television. Actually, I believe, the effect of the room was not to be distracted from by the tv. There were stained glass lamps all over the room with spiritual motifs in them with angels and clouds. The window was the original incased stained glass window from the church. This took my breath away. When you woke in the morning it was breath taking!!!!

The bathroom was very plain. The floors were burgundy tile and the tiles in the rest of the bathroom were a dark grey and cream color. I had a luxerious robe and towels which hung on a towel warmer like they have in europe. The whole environment was meant to be embraced and enjoyed.

The complimentary breakfast was another unique experience - the table was set with china, lace, flowers and crystal. I was served tea and the breakfast was just meant for a king with fruit and fish and oatmeal and different kinds of meats. It also was overwhelming. It was a smorgusbord for the senses.

The whole experience was unbelievable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22310235230631/k2311a1023/10.23.07