Croft State Natural Area  » Travel  »
Spartanburg, South Carolina
  • If your ever in the area I recommend you check this park out

• by sadonna

Croft State Natural Area is located just off of dairy ridge road in Spartanburg county South Carolina. It is truly a hidden gem just five miles away from downtown Spartanburg.

I have heard it used to be part of an old military installation of some sort.

It has some of the most beautiful flowers in the area surrounded by rolling hills of massive trees.

When we went it was free to visit all

of the state parks in South Carolina but I have heard in recent years that they have begun charging a fee of a couple of bucks to enter and visit these many wonderful parks.

To that I cannot agree.

We pay our tax dollars to upkeep the parks and most of the land was donated for public use.

So why should they be allowed to charge you again and again to use what ...

• is rightfully ours to begin with.

If they had been charging fees when me and my kids went we would not have been able to go to very many parks.

Most of the time we were lucky to have enough money for gas to get to the park and for a picnic lunch of some sort.

I feel like they are taking away the ability of the poor to be able to

see that part of America’s natural beauty in which there is not much left today.

My daughter likes this park mostly because you can see lots of people ridding their horses out on the trails and she is a real horse fanatic.

The lake is very beautiful and they have a nice play ground for the kids to play on.

If your ever in the area I recommend you check this park out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382310234850531/k2311a1023/10.23.07