Surf’s Up  » Movies  »
  • When I first saw previews to Surf's Up, the first thing I thought was 'Not another penguin movie
  • In fact, my daughter (the person we originally rented this for) actually got bored half way through it while my wife and I enjoyed every minute
  • If you're looking for something entertaining to watch this weekend, I would recommend Surf's Up

• by Steve

When I first saw previews to Surf’s Up, the first thing I thought was ‘Not another penguin movie.’ But, after taking the time to watch it last night, I have to admit it was probably the best out of those I’ve seen.

Unlike other Penguin movies, Surf’s

Up doesn’t take place in Antartica (even though there are some early scenes there). Instead, it is about a bunch of penguins, and one chicken from Sheboygan, WI, that travel to a tropical island to compete in a surfing contest.

The movie was pretty entertaining. Unlike the other movies, the producers made no attempt to pretend they knew anything about Penguins and focused more on the entertainment aspect of the cartoon than the educational side of things. I especially liked the fact that, even though there was an actual plot, the story line ...

• Surf's Up
      was everything was being filmed as a documentary; complete with interviews and newspaper clippings about past events. Oh, and the occasional camera man being killed or injured.

This is supposed to be a kids movie, but I honestly think most of the things in it are more

entertaining to adults. In fact, my daughter (the person we originally rented this for) actually got bored half way through it while my wife and I enjoyed every minute.

If you’re looking for something entertaining to watch this weekend, I would recommend Surf’s Up. It’s not your typical penguin movie.

Surf's Up

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112310234200431/k2311a1023/10.23.07