Hohenfels  » Travel  »
Germany
  • I wish that the United States would consider going with more trains for mass transit and to transport goods instead of trucks
  • I think that is one thing we could learn from the Germans
  • Of course wages are higher here also because the standard of living cost more as well
  • I hear that the fines are enormous for not complying with the recycling laws so I don't think I would want to find out

• by sadonna

In 2001 I went to Hohenfels base in southern Germany with the national guard. We were part of a rotation to build a mock up school on the tank range. I kind of felt like it was a waste of money to build the school with architectural shingles just for the tanks to blow up.

They were made out of a very fancy clay, like you

see on most of the buildings in Europe. We stayed in Germany for three weeks and we spent most of our time working on the school but we did manage to get in a couple of trips to various towns.

Germany is so beautiful with trains being one of their main forms of transportation. I wish that the United States would consider going with more trains for mass ...

• transit and to transport goods instead of trucks.

I think that is one thing we could learn from the Germans. The cars in Germany are smaller than most of our cars because gasoline is so high.

Of course wages are higher here also because the standard of living cost more as well. I saw a lot of farms with quaint little cottages every where.

Most of them looked

to be quite old and made of stone. Germany is the pickiest country I have ever been to about recycling.

We had to sort our glass and plastics by color and almost nothing was actually thrown away. I hear that the fines are enormous for not complying with the recycling laws so I don’t think I would want to find out.

Americans are spoiled when it comes to that.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382310234030431/k2311a1023/10.23.07