Pilot Mountain  » Travel  »
Pinnacle, North Carolina
  • They say it looks like a cockpit of an airplane and that's how it got it's name but it dose not resemble that to me rather a funny looking dip before the pinnacle
  • We stopped off at the park on my request because I loved hiking at the parks and we all needed to get out and stretch a bit
  • I wish I could have joined them it looked like so much fun

• by sadonna

Pilot Mountain is located in the middle to the northern regions of North Carolina. It looks kind of out of place because it just seems to jut out of the ground in the middle of nowhere.

There are no other hills of any size even close to Pilot Mountain.

They say it looks like a cockpit of an airplane and that’s how it got it’s name but it

dose not resemble that to me rather a funny looking dip before the pinnacle.

Either way it is still very beautiful.

When I was a kid I had always dreamed of living in the mountains.

My daughter joked one day that she was closer to God when she was on top of the mountains because of how high we were up.

My son then remarked that he ...

• thought he should be able to reach out and touch an angel but there were none to be found.

On the day that I visited Pilot Mountain I was with my now ex-husband and his family on a trip to see one of their uncles who lived in Salisbury, North Carolina.

We stopped off at the park on my request because I loved hiking at the parks

and we all needed to get out and stretch a bit.

I remember the people who were rappelling down the side of one of the rock faces and talking to them.

They were part of an outward bound class from Asheville, North Carolina.

I wish I could have joined them it looked like so much fun.

But like most things we had to hit the road to go visit family.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382310233760331/k2311a1023/10.23.07