Lebanon travel  » Travel  »
  • I was not sure that I would be able to travel to the country because of the recent political problems that have been plaguing the country but my decision to go anyway proved to be one of the best decisions I have ever made
  • It has beautiful beaches, Green mountains, amazing people and a rich and diverse culture

• by Wendy

Lebanon- What can I say about this country? Ravaged by war time and time again and yet it stands strong and firm, adamantly so. I was not sure that I would be able to travel to the country because of the recent political problems that have been plaguing the country but my decision to go anyway proved to be one of the best decisions I have ever made.

It is

a small country that has everything it could ever need within its own borders. It has beautiful beaches, Green mountains, amazing people and a rich and diverse culture. It’s history dates back to the early Phoenicians and you can find little blue statues of the Phoenicians and tablets of the first ever alphabets at all of the quaint little souveneir shops. The must see places in Lebanon are the amazing ...

• Byblos, Moosa castle, amazing little villages like Ain Dara and the nature of the entire country. This is one of the few places on earth where you can walk into a garden and reach up to pull down bunches of ripe grapes, walk through apple orchards and eat wild raspberries like most people today only read about in children\’s books.

It has amazing churches, some of which date back 2000 years.

Each one has it’s own story to tell and when you leave them you know you will never forget them.

As for me, I spent an entire month there and saying goodbye to this country proved to be one of the most difficult things I have ever had to do. Inspite of it’s political instability it is by far one of the most charming countries that I have ever visited. An absolute must see!!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382210233250931/k2311a1022/10.22.07