Scioto Trail  » Travel  »
Chilicothe, Ohio
  • I think my mom said they used it as a means of travel from camp to camp or something like that anyways

• by sadonna

When I was just a small lad of four or five we went to the Scioto Trail. It is the first park I can really recall. It was so named from being part of an old Indian trail.

I think my mom said they used it as a means of travel from camp to camp or something like that anyways. It does follow the Scioto River banks

from Ohio to Kentucky anyways.

We stopped off their for a picnic lunch one day when we were passing through the area. It was so pretty the way the hills rolled and the trees were changing colors already.

So I believe it must have been fall. All of my sisters and me raked the leaves into a large pile with our hands and jumped in them ...

• with a couple of other children that were visiting from Alabama.

We had so much fun. Who says you need expensive toys to make kids happy.

Why, when I was young we were happier playing in the leaves or with a cardboard box than any store bought toy. Best of all it was usually free and lasted longer too.

We had better imaginations as well

because we did not have all of the electronics that kids have today. We would go out into the woods grab a couple of blades of grass and sit for hours trying to weave a place mat out them.

We would take small trees that were down and try to make a log cabin for a play house or a teepee which ever we fancied.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232711031/k2311a1021/10.21.07