Independence Dam State Park  » Travel  »
Defiance, Ohio
  • The only problem is that it tends to be extremely busy all the time
  • I like nature enough that I don't want to destroy it in my life time or my kids at least
  • I think most people have forgotten that today

• by sadonna

Independence Dam is a small state park located in Defiance, Ohio. It lies along the banks of the Maumee river. It offers boating, canoeing, and hiking.

As small kids we would play on top of the dam while my dad fished. As we got older we would also fish.

We learned that you can normally catch more fish right at the base of the dam than any

where else along the river. The only problem is that it tends to be extremely busy all the time.

So me and my brother found a couple of smaller fishing holes down a few hundred feet from the bottom of he dam. There are several trees at the bottom that provide shelter for the fish and I figure that is why they are so good.

My favorite ...

• type of bait to use are the traditional natural bait, worms. They might be dirty and slimy but they are still preferred by the fish over the artificial stuff any day of the week.

Besides they do not pollute the environment like artificial things do. I like nature enough that I don’t want to destroy it in my life time or my kids at least.

So many people

do not care any more. They figure if it doesn’t affect them directly that it just doesn’t matter.

I can tell you first hand that it should always matter. It used to be part of the American way, to leave the earth a little bit better than we found it, so our children can enjoy the same things we take for granted.

I think most people have forgotten that today.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232691031/k2311a1021/10.21.07