Henrietta Elementary  » Education  »
1.5
Rutherford County, North Carolina
  • The school was located about twenty miles from our home and there were other schools closer so I'm not sure of how they figure the school districts but I think they need to work on it

• by sadonna

When we moved from Polk County to Rutherford County my son was transferred to Henrietta Elementary School. This is one school I was not a big fan of.

The teachers were not very friendly and they tended to look down their noses at me.

The school was in need of some repairs and I did not like

the fact that it was located closely to a railroad track.

Needless to say it left something to be desired when compared to other schools in the area.

The school was located about twenty miles from our home and there were other schools closer so I’m not sure of how they figure the school districts but I ...

• think they need to work on it.

It just doesn’t seem fair to the kids to have to ride a bus for more than an hour to go to school each way when there is another school only fifteen minutes away from where we lived at.

It’s location made it harder to access than most of the

schools.

If there had ever been a train wreck the parents would not have been able to get to the school to get the kids to take them home.

I think the school board should take issues like this into consideration before they build a school.

That was just one more reason I’m no fan of this school.

C. O. Bradley says :

Why are you so critical of the Rutherford County School Board of today? Those 1920` s schools like Henrietta Elementary were closed many years ago and the county schools today are in good locations with modern facilities and wonderful teachers. Students who would have attended Henrietta into the late 1950`s and early 60`s would either attend Forrest Hunt Elementary or Cliffside Elementary and the grades 6-8 attend Chase Middle School.

sadonna replies :

My son went there in the late 1990`s not the fifty`s. Each person is entitled to their own opinion of a school. My son attended 11 different schools in North Carolina and one in South Carolina before I took him out of public school at the end of the seventh grade and began homeschooling him. Homeschooling was the best decision I ever made and he has now graduated and doing very well in life. He is now studying to become a foreign translator. One problem he had in public school was aspergers syndrome and the teachers did not know how to deal with a student that had that type of problem.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502110232220931/k2311a1021/10.21.07