Boot Hill  » Travel  »
Napoleon, Ohio
  • I think some of them only come to have someone to talk to

• by sadonna

Boot Hill is the most awesome place to go tubing in all of northern Ohio. It is located between Napoleon and Defiance.

It has a small building where you buy your tickets to go tube and in the back is what reminds me of a lounge.

They sell drinks and snacks and have a wood stove for heat so you can warm yourself up after tubing for a while.

You could spend

all day just sitting in that room listening to the old timers tell stories about their youth, places they have been, or things they have done.

I think some of them only come to have someone to talk to.

So basically it’s a great place to just hang out and socialize.

But for the kids they have multiple courses to tube down.

They usually warn you to bail off when you get ...

• to the bottom of the hill because if you make it through the cleared patch and the tree line you end up in the Maumee River.

I only remember seeing that happen once with a very small kid because he was so light he could go farther than most of us.

Luckily the river was frozen and he only got a few scratches from the briars in the tree line.

Four of

my cousins went with me one time and we went down the course that had a ramp that when you hit it is know to make you go air born at least for a few seconds.

So we got one tube and piled on five kids high as a pyramid.

By the time we reach the bottom there was only one left on the bottom.

Everyone else had been thrown off like a bucking bronco.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232210931/k2311a1021/10.21.07