Mary Jane Thurston State Park
McClure, Ohio
  • Some of them you could take a canoe down if you wanted to rent one from the park office

• by sadonna

Mary Jane Thurston State Park is located in McClure, Ohio. My dad worked for them one whole summer. That was so much fun because we would go with him to work.

. My dad used to mow grass and do fish surveys mostly.

I figured it was the perfect job for him because it required very little physical labor and more fun than anything else. We mostly would

play at the playgrounds, hike or fish in the Maumee River.

There were eight or nine miles of trails which was plenty for a eight year old kid. Along the trail you could see where there were portions of an old canal that ran through part of the park which is one of the unique features about it.

Some of them you could take a canoe down if you wanted ...

• to rent one from the park office. The park was long and narrow in places because it followed the banks of the river.

We used to pack a picnic lunch and lay out a blanket in the fresh mowed grass to sit on while we ate. I love the smell of fresh cut grass.

We could watch the speed boats race up and down the river. There

was something for everyone or so it seemed.

Some of the happiest days of my childhood were riding on the riding lawn mower with my dad as he cut the grass at the Mary Jane Thurston State Park. We used to see how fast we could get the mower to go.

Sometimes my dad would race other park rangers on the lawn mowers it was like NASCAR but not nearly as fast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232100931/k2311a1021/10.21.07