Jackson Lake State Park  » Travel  »
Oak Hill, Ohio
  • Of course it was no longer in use but it was still very interesting anyways

• by sadonna

Jackson Lake State Park was only about five miles from my home when I was a kids growing up in Oak Hill, Ohio. When I was in the seventh grade I joined the track team at my school. The thing is I had to walk home after practice if I wanted to participate because my parents could not afford to pick me up afterwards.

It was about ten

miles from the school to my house which for me was an easy hike. I always had to walk over the bridge that crossed Jackson Lake on my way home.

I used to stop off at the country store and buy me a pop and candy bar. Then after I crossed the bridge of the lake, I would walk down to the edge and sit to take a ...

• break.

I would eat and drink and look out over the water. I liked the way the trees reflections shone into the water.

The cool breeze coming off the lake was always refreshing blowing through me long blonde hair. It was my way of relaxing before I had to go home and do my chores.

On hot summer days we would meet friends there and have a cook

out, fish and swim. My friend Willie and his parents lived right on the lake.

We had lots of fun going to visit them because we could play in the water anytime we wanted to. The park was not fancy but on one side it had an old moonshine steel that you could look at.

Of course it was no longer in use but it was still very interesting anyways.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232020931/k2311a1021/10.21.07