Lake White travel  » Travel  »
2767 state route 551, Waverly, Ohio
  • I remember gasping about how large the lake seemed and eerie it was with the fog settling in

• by sadonna

Lake White is nestled into the rolling hills and forest of southern Ohio. We went there for a my mom’s family reunion one year when I was about seven or eight. This was the first family reunion we had ever had.

My mom was from a large family with seven brothers and sisters. So when we got together it was a big event.

Each of

the kids had between four to six children of their own except one uncle that only had two boys. My grandpa brought his boat and would give all of us grandkids rides turn about.

I remember gasping about how large the lake seemed and eerie it was with the fog settling in. Normally the lake would be crystal clear.

Me and all of my cousins ...

• would play in the shelter house and on the playground. Now and then we would fish but if the fish did not bite within a few minutes we would run off to play again.

That’s way most kids are anyways. We did not have patience for anything.

. My grandma and all of my aunts spent most of the day cooking on the grills.

I

remember walking up the stairs from the lake to the picnic shelter and the aroma of all the food cooking filled the air. It was so good but we had so much food that it seemed pitiful that there could be children starving in the foreign countries of the world.

We had so much fun that weekend I always wished we could have done it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382110232010931/k2311a1021/10.21.07