East McDowell Jr. HIgh School  » Education  »
Marion, NC
  • The reason I know is his teacher caught the girl passing him a note in class asking him to the dance
  • Unfortunately, the girl moved a few weeks latter
  • This however was a great experience for him to deal with other kids

• by sadonna

We moved to Marion in 2003 to a twenty acre farm out on the outskirts of town. My son went to the local elementary school for the first year and then the East McDowell Jr. High School the next year.

He was in the seventh grade. He was so excited to attend a Jr.

high school because he no longer would be at the same school as his two

sisters. He got invited to his first school dance at East McDowell Jr.

High School. My son had always been very shy and did not have many friends so to get invited to the dance by a cute girl was a big thing for him.

The reason I know is his teacher caught the girl passing him a note in class asking him to the dance. She was a ...

• great teacher and knowing how shy my son was and that we did not always have money for those type of things she called me at work.

The teacher wanted my son to be able to go so badly, that she offered to pick him up from home to give him a ride and pay his way in if he could go to this dance to meet with the

girl that had passed him the note. Normally she would have punished students for passing notes but this was the one exception.

So I let him go. He had a great time.

Unfortunately, the girl moved a few weeks latter. This however was a great experience for him to deal with other kids.

It is not often that you find teachers that really care about their students like this one did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502010231630331/k2311a1020/10.20.07