Napoleon High School  » Education  »
Napoleon, Ohio
  • It was so tempting to quit that last year though, when I found out that the factory I worked in was paying me a $1.50 less per hour, than any other employee doing the same job just because I was still in high school
  • Which is a occupational work experience class

• by sadonna

Napoleon High School was my final high school. Can you believe I graduated after attending seven different high schools. It was not an easy road though for me.

I quit for a year between the eleventh and twelfth grade because the principle of one of the schools messed me up from graduating in three years and therefore going to college. So when I finally went back to school the next year, I was married, pregnant

and worked a full time job.

It was so tempting to quit that last year though, when I found out that the factory I worked in was paying me a $1. 50 less per hour, than any other employee doing the same job just because I was still in high school.

I find it ridiculous that they should be able to do that type of thing but that is just one example of the many ...

• forms of discrimination I have experienced in my many years. One thing I did like was that Napoleon offered OWE.

Which is a occupational work experience class. I went to school until noon and then I went to work from 3 to 11.

Every six weeks I had to take a form in for my boss to give me a grade as part of my school credit. The class was so easy that I could

sleep through it.

I had already taken algebra I, algebra II and geometry and in this class they taught basic math, English, science and history. There were many days that I really did fall asleep in class especially when I worked a ten hours shift at the factory.

However I always passed my test with flying colors so the instructor did not care. That was great for me because I would have probably quit otherwise.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502010231380331/k2311a1020/10.20.07