Oak Hill High School  » Education  »
Oak Hill, Ohio
  • I decided that my principles were more important

• by sadonna

Oak Hill High School was where I started the ninth grade. It was located in a small town.

They allowed us to walk down to the store during lunch if we wanted to.

Next to the laundry mat was a small sandwich shop that had hamburgers and hot dogs at a very reasonable price.

Across from that was a grocery store where we

could buy a cold pop and a candy bar.

It was the corner in front of the laundry mat that most of the teenagers liked to hang out because they smoked and wanted everyone to see them.

They thought smoking made them cool.

One afternoon I had three girls approach me and offer me a cigarette while I was waiting to cross the street.

...

• Like most teens I wanted to fit in so I tried it.

It was then that I realized smoking was not for me.

It did not matter that I was not cool or even had any friends hardly.

I decided that my principles were more important.

Both my parents smoked and all of us kids learned to roll cigarettes for them when they could

not afford a regular pack.

So I had every opportunity to smoke if I wanted but I personally dislike the smell and taste of cigarettes not to mentions the health hazards associated with it.

After six months we moved and like always before I viewed it as a chance to start over where no one knew me and just maybe make several friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502010231370331/k2311a1020/10.20.07