Jackson County High School  » Education  »
Jackson, Ohio
  • Now I was hanging out in social circles I thought I could only dream about
  • It was a turning point in my life where I learned to build courage

• by sadonna

Jackson County High School was my favorite of all the different high schools I went to growing up. I was in the ninth grade and it was the first year that I had more than just one friend. This was the first year me and my sister were in different classes because I was taking mostly college prep courses. It was the middle of the year when I started here.

So far high school did not seem any different than middle school other than the fact that I was a year older. What I did not know at that time is that this

year would be the one I would remember the most because it was the one that changed me the most. What changed me was meeting a group of guys.

We were friends, buddies basically. We would meet at lunch and hang out, John would draw me some really cool pictures and sign his name for me. The most odd thing is that John, Tom, David and David were all either in the 10th or 11th grade and I was only in the 9th grade but they did not mind.

I also found out that John was the most popular guy in school. You know the one ...

• every girl dreamed of dating. I had never been part of the in crowd before so that was very different for me.

I was a shy backward country girl that nobody ever liked and everyone made fun of. Now I was hanging out in social circles I thought I could only dream about. I went to my first high school football game with my new friends which is something I would have never done before.

It was a turning point in my life where I learned to build courage. I joined the bowling team even though I had never bowled before. We had so much fun

laughing when I dropped the ball the first time I played in a tournament with team.

I thought It was really neat that they would let any participate on the bowling team no matter how good or bad they are. The teachers at this high school were really great compared to other schools I had been to. The school was two story which is not very common for high schools now.

I also like the fact that it had a paved track for us to run on. This is the one school I hated to leave at the end of the year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502010231360331/k2311a1020/10.20.07