Crossville High School  » Education  »
1.5
  • However I must have missed something that first six weeks because when I started in Crossville they stuck me in an advanced English class

• by sadonna

In 1984 I was in the tenth grade. We moved to Crossville about six weeks into the school year. Crossville was the first high school I had ever been to that had a smoking lounge.

You should have seen the look of surprise on my mom�s face when I asked her to sign a permission slip to get a pass for the smoking lounge. I never smoked but most of my friends did and the only way

we could hang out was if I got a smoking pass too.

The thing I disliked though about this school was my English teacher Cato White. You see when we moved here from Clarkrange I had a perfect grade of 100 in English because I had a great teacher there.

However I must have missed something that first six weeks because when I started in Crossville they stuck me in an advanced English class. English was not ...

• one of my best subjects so I of course was not very pleased to start with.

When I would go to English class our teacher Cato White would come in and literally tell everyone they know what to do. Then he would sit and play chess with the members of his chess team.

It really stunk because he would not tell me what we were supposed to do. So naturally my grades went down, down, down.

I went

from a 100 to a 70 by the end of the first semester. I tried to get the guidance counselor to drop me back to a regular English class but she said no because I passed by the skin of my teeth.

So as you probably guessed I failed the second semester with a 65 average. I had never failed a class before so I really dislike that teacher for not helping me when I asked him repetedly.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 502010231320331/k2311a1020/10.20.07