Sarawak  » Travel  »
Malaysia
  • Sarawak appears to be Malaysia's precious gem and I truly appreciate and love the exotic culture over there with the amazing food, sights and sound
  • However, the expenses trip that I have made to this place cost more than some of the other trips in some other parts of Malaysia that I have been to before
  • If exploring caves with bats are not a scary feat for you and if you really enjoy lots of flaura and fauna, then I think Sarawak is the best solution for all of you out there
  • I even heard some people saying that Sarawak is the best kept secret in Asia
  • I love Sarawak for its cultural being and that I could never get that kind of experience elsewhere

• by deadpoet

If you haven’t been to Sarawak in Malaysia, then you must do it. I am glad that I have been to this nice place before with my boyfriend and it is a totally different world out there. Sarawak appears to be Malaysia’s precious gem and I truly appreciate and love the exotic culture over there with the amazing food, sights and sound. However, the expenses trip that I have made to this place cost more than some of the other trips in some other parts of Malaysia that I have been to before.

If exploring caves with bats are not a scary feat for you and if you really enjoy lots of flaura and fauna, then I think Sarawak is the best solution for all of you out there. I suppose

the only con there would be the hot and humid tropical weather, but for someone born and bred in Singapore, I felt that it was a normal thing for me. I even heard some people saying that Sarawak is the best kept secret in Asia. And another nice and interesting fact is that Sarawak is home to the oldest rainforest in the world and this state is where you could find the biggest carnivoruous flower called Rafflesia.

Places of interests that I have been to would be the Deer Cave, which is actually the world’s largest and natural rock chamber and also the longest cave called the Clearwater Cave. The Mulu & Niah National Park is a bit rare and special becaue it is the home to orang-utan (apes) and ...

• indigenous tribes. I felt quite scared of that fact, so I avoided visiting The National Park. Instead, I went to the other places that I have described and the most particular one would be the unique habitat of the people of Sarawak called the “longhouse”.

I consider Kuching to be the most nicest part of Sarawak. It also happens to be the capital of the state and in Malay language, kuching means cat. The city is known for its commerical hub nowadays and is an interesting place having a strategic location close to the river. There are lots of nice things in Kuching like the museum, nice eating places and also great resorts and hotels.

I also am happy that the healthcare services provided in Sarawak was available

and that the low cost of living makes it possible for one to shop there and get more change in the Malaysia ringgit currency. Do take note that there are only a few travel operators that have trips to Sarawak and I came upon by chance a particular tour operator on my way back home from shopping one day in Singapore and then I saw this particular tour group company promoting Sarawak as one of their travel destinations.

The people of Sarawak are fairer than some states that you could find in Malaysia and one of the singers from Sarawak called Camelia was even awarded the most beautiful woman in Asia, if I am not mistaken. I love Sarawak for its cultural being and that I could never get that kind of experience elsewhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 382010231290331/k2311a1020/10.20.07