Wal-Mart Jewelry  » Jewelry  »
1.0
  • After a few hours of wear, directly after purchase, I noticed a tinge of green peeking out from under my newest piece of jewelry
  • I have bought jewelry from the local craft fair for far less than what I paid at Wal-Mart and not had the dreaded green ring appear so soon
  • For it seems that with low cost comes low quality

• by Shrouded Girl

The array of rings at Wal-Mart had grabbed my attention once again. The sparkle of simulated gemstones in a spectrum of unnatural colors drew me in. I figured for a price of $15.99, how could you go wrong!

Well, it seems

that Wal-Mart has taken their standards to a new low. I went to Wal-Mart and purchased a ring, silver, fancy fake diamond, and it came with an added bonus-A big green stain on my right ring finger.

After a few hours ...

• of wear, directly after purchase, I noticed a tinge of green peeking out from under my newest piece of jewelry. When I removed the ring, there it was!! A dark green stain in place of the silver band. Quite embarrassing I
        might add. I have bought jewelry from the local craft fair for far less than what I paid at Wal-Mart and not had the dreaded green ring appear so soon.

Buyer beware. For it seems that with low cost comes low quality.

tameka says :

I got an sterling silver engagement ring set as my engagement ring and the center piece has a corner that snags and cuts me and it has started to tarnish. I have been wearing it for two weeks. My fiance says he doesnt have the receipt but he does have the tag that came off of it. Can we return or exchange this set?

Jules Li says :

Tameka, Wal-Mart has a 90 day return policy on jewelry so you would be able to return or exchange it.

Chelsea says :

I really like the way the ring looks but it is still too big even though I was sized by two different associates on two different occasions - one time I was told that I was a 6 and then another time I was told that I was a 5.5 - WalMart resized my ring which took a month and a half and was sent back to the resizing people 4 times. I received the ring as a gift which was very important to me due to the circumstances and then to have to wait that long to get something that still was not right is what I call unacceptable on all accounts The ring is now a 5.5 but almost falls off of my finger so now I am going to have to take it some place else and pay for WalMarts stupidity and poor customer service so that it will be right I was never offered a discount or compensation (like a gift card) for my inconvenience and their terrible customer service. I even filed a complaint through their website before I finally got the ring and no one has ever contacted me to see if they could resolve the situation - I WILL NEVER BUY JEWELRY FROM WALMART AGAIN Take your money some place else

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 451810230461231/k2311a1018/10.18.07