Nasal spray  » Medicine  »
  • Not knowing what to do I decided to stop using it and went back to square one again

• by Wendy

Sinus problems have been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. You can name it and I have most probably already tried it.

The first product that I was introduced to was a nasal spray containing ‘Xylometazoline’.

This helped clear the congestion but the effect was always very short lived.

I later learned that it was a bad idea

to use these products for longer than 5 days at a time since they cause something called ‘Rebound congestion’ so in effect I would be getting addicted to them and would get blocked up the moment I’d stop using it.

My doctor then prescribed a steroid spray that would help stop the inflammation (swelling) of my sinuses.

This worked very effectively for a ...

• while but I had a thing against using something that was referred to as a steroid.

Not knowing what to do I decided to stop using it and went back to square one again.

Then one of my friends suggested that I take a steam inhalation with a few drops of menthol or eucalyptus once a day and see if that would work.

Voila!!!

Now I do this almost everyday just before I go to bed.

The steam loosens the congestion and unblocks my nasal passages and sinuses.

(Also helps with my skin, opens the pores so when I wash my face I get a DEEP CLEAN effect).

This really helped me and I hope that anyone else who uses it will also get the same benefits that I did.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261810230191131/k2311a1018/10.18.07