Cross Gold Pen  » Other  »
  • I had to make it special, but didn't have a lot of moolah saved up [so the Toyota's out], but wanted to give something that he would cherish until at least his 60th birthday
  • I hope I don't sound like a total geek but the engraving on the 18-karat gold nib is breathtaking

• by Abhy

I had to find something for my dad’s 50th birthday, and had no clue. I had to make it special, but didn’t have a lot of moolah saved up [so the Toyota’s out], but wanted to give something that he would cherish until at least his 60th birthday.

I was drawn

to the Cross 18-karat gold pen like iron fillings to a magnet. The ideal gift for a sober, successful person - something that was well worth the occasion. Its official name is Cross Townsend 18 Karat Gold Filled/Rolled Gold Fountain Pen and it comes bundled with goodies like half a ...

• dozen black ink cartridges.

In the words on the display in the shop it is ‘an expression of true art’. I hope I don’t sound like a total geek but the engraving on the 18-karat gold nib is breathtaking. In fact the entire pen is breathtaking. When I took it in

my hands I felt undeserving. I guess one must be successful in his / her trade to actually own [not just buy, OWN] something like this.

To cut the story short, my dad loved the gift and will probably cherish it for more than even his 70th birthday.

Go for it, people!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121810230171231/k2311a1018/10.18.07