NAMECHEAP.COM  » Web sites  »
  • As such, I've also had much experience with domain registrars, those companies that charge you a yearly fee to hold a domain name

• by JTech
      As a software reviewer and website designer, I’ve been fortunate enough to have owned several domain names over the years. As such, I’ve also had much experience with domain registrars, those companies that charge you a yearly fee to hold a domain name. After much sampling and many headaches, I moved all of my domains last year to NameCheap. NameCheap.

com (namecheap. com) is an enom reseller. Enom is one of the major players in the business of domain names.

I first stumbled upon NameCheap by way of recommendation on a web hosting forum and have never been so pleased!

With NameCheap, like all registrars, you can enter in a potential domain name and they’ll return results that let you know whether this domain is registerable or not.

If your chosen name is currently unavailable, NameCheap will inform you of the exact date this domain expires, and whom you can write to now to make an offer to purchase the domain immediately. This is all common sense domain stuff though, and not what makes NameCheap a winner!

The most unique aspect of NameCheap is that you can “push” domains to other users.

For example, if I buy a domain and decide I don’t need it, I may wish to sell it to you. If you have an account set up with NameCheap, which is free, I can simply push that domain to your account and all the details will be updated in real time with your information. Essentially, this means that you don’t need to ...

• let the domain reach near-expirement before selling.

That’s a plus for domain lovers like myself!

The control panel at NameCheap is exceptional! After registering domains with almost every other registrar out there, I can only tell you that the simple nature by which NameCheap operates is impressive! You need only enter your contact details in one time and NameCheap will do the rest. (Gone are the days of entering a business address, personal address and mailing address. ) For a minor fee of $8.

88 a year, this is a hard service to beat!

I’ve required the assistance of NameCheap just once, but was pleased to see Customer Service contact me with 24-hours of my original question. Additionally, a member of the NameCheap staff is a frequent user

of a forum I visit and I’ve noted their Customer Service there in ways that are well outside the box!

This last year, NameCheap implemented a new service called “WhoIsGuard. ” WhoIsGuard is a privacy feature that enables users to keep their personal information (email address, home address, phone number, and etc.

) private from the online world. What a great bonus! Each new domain purchased via NameCheap includes a WhoIsGuard subscription and renewing that same domain each year, extends your subscription. This is a great bonus, especially considering most companies charge in excess of $9.

99/yr. for this service. I’ve searched high and low for anything that didn’t meet my standards with regards to NameCheap.

I couldn’t find a thing. This reviewer highly recommends you throw your domain business in the direction of NameCheap!

NAMECHEAP.COM

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in December, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2081222970431/k2311a128/12.8.05