Paris Mountain State Park  » Travel  »
South Carolina
  • We continued our hike until the end still discussing other places to go hike and the best time of year

• by sadonna

Paris Mountain is one of several parks I took my children to in South Carolina. What stands out about this park was the time we were hiking the Sulfur Springs Loop and met an elderly couple. We were admiring a small waterfall and somehow got into a conversation about hiking.

Before you know it we were hiking the trail together so we could continue our

conversation. When all of a sudden out of no where one of my daughters told the gentleman ‘you hike pretty fast for an old man.

’ I was so embarrassed I did not know what to say. The gentleman was pretty embarrassed and began to hike faster and stayed a couple of hundred feet ahead of us until we reach the old fire tower anyways.

His wife just ...

• laughed and took it as a compliment. What was the funniest is that what we had been discussing was that they had just finished last month the last section of the Appalachian trail.

They had done the whole thing. They could have easily hiked circles around me and my kids because even though they may have been in their seventies they were in fantastic shape.

They

hiked far more than we did and it showed. I was just shocked that my daughter would say such an embarrassing thing that I wanted to find a rock and crawl under it.

However the embarrassment was short lived which I am thankful for. We continued our hike until the end still discussing other places to go hike and the best time of year.

Then we parted ways.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381710229131231/k2311a1017/10.17.07