Sun Cellular  » Cellular services  »
Philippines
  • If I were using another network, it would have cost me P1 per text message that I send
  • Still, I find more benefits from it than disadvantages

• by darbybelle

I love Sun Cellular’s concept. It is a cell phone company here in the Philippines. Well, Sun is known for its unlimited text and calls.

It’s surely a hit among those who are text addicts and like to make a lot of calls. What I had been using is

their postpaid plan which costs P250.

That’s about $5 to $6. It’s really nice.

With this plan, I can send text messages to all subscribers of the other networks in the country and I have unlimited calls to fellow Sun Cellular subscribers. Isn’t that neat? It’s really saves me money.

If I were using another network, it would have cost me P1 per text message that I send. If I send ten messages a day, then in a month it would cost me P300 for the text messages alone.

What if I need to call someone? There would ...

• Sun Cellular
      be more cost. The plan allows me to have unlimited calls to fellow Sun Cellular subscribers only.

That’s the downside of it. The people whom I want to call must be Sun Cellular subscribers for me take advantage of the plan, or else I have to pay extra costs.

And the other downside is that the company doesn’t have many cell sites so the signal is relatively weak. There are too many blind spots so I have to find the spot in the house where the signal is available.

Still, I find more benefits from it than disadvantages.

Sun Cellular
MIA says :

kindly help me how to get an internet access in my Galaxy S5670

Jules Li says :

Mia, assuming you have the internet feature on your account, you will need to set up the data settings on the Galaxy if this is not a SUN branded phone. Here’s a link to a third-party website that shows you how to configure the settings:

Galega says :

Following steps will help you in setting up Internet connectivity on your Samsung Galaxy S567 mobile phone:
Press Application Select Settings

MIA says :

how to access internet in galaxy s5670

MEV says :

Hi Mia,

You can contact their Sun hotline at 200. From there you’ll be guided.

Sweet Grace Penares says :

re : Still, I find more benefits from it than disadvantages
Yes, Sun Cellular does cost me P1 in every text message I send. But this cost is usually offset with the text plans they offer.

Galega says :

There are many plans where certain number SMS per month is absolutely free along with data and call time. You should select a similar plan.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 221610228891231/k2311a1016/10.16.07