Dewalt Cordless Tool Combo Kit  » Housewares  »
  • But, after playing around with it, I think I'm actually turning into your average handy man

• by Steve

I’ve never been a big do-it-yourself type guy. In fact, when it comes to assembling things, my wife is 100 times better than I am. But, now that I’m a homeowner and have a limited budget, hiring someone to do minor home repairs for me just isn’t practical.

On my last birthday, someone gave me a 4-tool combo kit from DeWalt. And, at first, I didn’t think much of it. But,

after playing around with it, I think I’m actually turning into your average handy man.

The DeWalt Cordless tool combo kit comes with a drill/screwdriver, a trim saw, a reciprocating saw and pivot light. It also includes two batteries and a charger.

These tools are great. I can switch the batteries between them and don’t need to worry about electrical cords (something that is important for me when I’m doing work outside ...

• since I only have one electrical outlet). They are light enough for me to carry a couple of them on my tool belt at a time but yet powerful enough to get the job done for me. The reciprocating saw, for example, has cut through both boards and metal for me.

The fact they all use the same batteries was also a big plus for me. If I’m working in my

attic, which requires me to use the pivot light, I can switch the other battery with ease between the saws and the screw driver. So far, the battery has held up pretty well and I can usually finish the project I’m working on before it begins to run low.

If you know a homeowner and are looking to buy a Christmas present for them, this is something that should be on your list.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531410228510731/k2311a1014/10.14.07