Pride of Aloha  » Cruises/Ferries  »
0.5
Hawaii
  • When we went to the staterooms, I noticed that they were really in a bad quality and the service to the staterooms were also bad
  • As for food wise, they were not that delicious and the buffet-line was really terrible
  • The deck areas were also not that convenient and many a times I found that lounging around and just looking at the sea was hard

• by deadpoet

Pride of Aloha is a bad cruise-line and something that I was not too happy about to be onboard. This NCL’s Pride of Aloha had a great itinerary but the staterooms were really bad and I wasn’t too happy with the overall stay. I was on the way to Hawaii with my whle family and we had chosen this particular cruise-line for our journey.

The services given by this the crew memebers in this cruise were really not up to my standard. The minute we entered the ship, we were not even greeted by them. When we went to the staterooms, I noticed that they were really in a bad quality and the service to the staterooms were also bad. They were dirty and the furnishings looked pretty

old to me. As for my bed, it was perhaps like a baby’s cot (only a slightly larger one at that) and the mattress was not thick and fluffy as I would have like to imagine. As for food wise, they were not that delicious and the buffet-line was really terrible. I didn’t know that the ship could tend to be overcrowded and that was perhaps the layout of the ship which made walking about pretty hard, especially during meal-times. People were just shoving and pulling and were really greedy to get to their food. I really felt that everything was terrible and to make things worst, the ice cream stations were all at the same location, so you could imagine the crowd.

The deck areas were also ...

• not that convenient and many a times I found that lounging around and just looking at the sea was hard. It was either the layout was really that bad, or I was just unlucky to be boarding the cruise with some very bad customers. So, with bad staterooms, bad beverage and buffet line, I felt everything was like in a mess. The feeling was pretty nauseous. I just spent most of my time lying in my bed which was cramped and I felt like escaping but of course you can’t do that in a cruise. If you are in a bad hotel, you could just check out if you really want and forego the already paid hotel stay but at least you could escape. But how to
        escape a bad situation at sea, hmmm?

Luckily, I was with my family and we just consoled one another on the fact that we were on a journey to Hawaii and to look things cheery on that side. We promised one another never to board a cruise back home, seeming that things might gone wrong as the one in Pride of Aloha. My dad decided that the minute we arrived in Hawaii, he would make flight arrangements as soon as possible, so we had that matter resolved after we have finished holidaying in Hawaii.

Though Hawaii is no doubt a beautiful state, I really would like to give a zero rating to Pride of Aloha Cruise. There is really no pride in this stupid cruise and I just felt regretful boarding it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41410228460731/k2311a1014/10.14.07