The Marine
  • The plot of the movie is simplistic and there are definitely a lot of explosions, ranging from a gas station to a marina
  • But, Cena's personality carries the film and I found myself watching every minute of it without moving from my couch
  • I know he was using a bullet proof vest as a shield but, again, a little unrealistic to believe it caught every bullet
  • Overall though, when I think about all the movies I've seen that star pro-wrestlers, this one is definitely one of the better ones out there and I would definitely recommend it to people

• by Steve

Typically, when you get a movie that stars a professional wrestler, you can expect something that is going to go out of its way to show off his muscles, put him in plenty of fight scenes and fill in the background with as many explosions as possible.

The movie, The Marine, which stars John Cena, follows

a very similar pattern. But, for some odd reason, it actually works for me.

Cena plays John Triton, a marine on vacation who is forced to take on a gang of jewel thieves after his wife is kidnapped. The plot of the movie is simplistic and there are definitely a lot of explosions, ranging from a gas station to a marina. But, Cena’s personality carries the film and I found myself watching every minute of it without moving from my couch.

Of course, when you are watching the movie, you do have to do so while basically believing in the impossible. After all, Cena survives everything from being caught in a couple of the ...

• The Marine
      explosions, having a sledge hammer strike him in the ribs and a fire extinguisher catching him in the face and comes out with hardly any bumps and bruises. Oh, and let’s not forget that, early in the movie, the bad guys managed to unload at least two machine guns worth of bullets at him without striking
      him once. I know he was using a bullet proof vest as a shield but, again, a little unrealistic to believe it caught every bullet.

Overall though, when I think about all the movies I’ve seen that star pro-wrestlers, this one is definitely one of the better ones out there and I would definitely recommend it to people.

The Marine

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111410228250731/k2311a1014/10.14.07