Salem
Salem, Massachusetts
  • So, to be able to finally go to Salem and experience what it was like to be there, knowing that the characters have been living all their lives in Salem
  • I recommend walking through Salem as I had with my boyfriend and I remember enjoying the sights of the colonial buildings and the not so modern achitectural structures
  • There are no major hotels that I know of like The Ritz or something but I truy enjoyed my time staying in the Comfort Inn whereby the lodging options were great
  • I love visiting some museums while I was in Salem as well and one particular museum that left me wondering was the Salem Witch Museum
  • As for other attractions, hmmm, I would say the people of Salem as being friendly and definitely looked gorgeous to me

• by deadpoet

Salem, located in Massachusetts, is really a fun and nice travel destination to be at. I went with my boyfriend to Salem before and I was really excited during that time since TV channel in Singapore had been airing the soap opera \”Days of Our Lives\” during those period, and I always watch without fail. So, to be able to finally go to Salem and experience what it was like to be there, knowing that the characters have been living all their lives in Salem. (though the setttings appeared to be artificial, but I was really dreaming the whole cast there.)

Salem is actually around 20 miles north of Boston and this city feels like a village to me. It has a New England type of living to me and there are Salem

Harbor, Collins Cove and the Danvers River; all of these where I got the chance to visit. The city looked pretty historic with added character and the beaches and seaside featured in there allowed those looking at it feeling really warm in general. I was very happy to get the chance to visit Salem and the connection to the water was a nice feat for me.

I recommend walking through Salem as I had with my boyfriend and I remember enjoying the sights of the colonial buildings and the not so modern achitectural structures. If you are scared of getting lost, fear not since there are lots of clear connecting roads that appeared to be well-marked. The signs became less visible on the very edge of Salem and that was when ...

• travelers like me are aware that perhaps I was on the brink of leaving or entering Salem; whichever way I came.

As for parking lots, there are just a lot in Salem and to be honest, I have never used them. Accommodations wise, I find that there are just a lot of bed and breakfasts around. There are no major hotels that I know of like The Ritz or something but I truy enjoyed my time staying in the Comfort Inn whereby the lodging options were great. Since the close proximity to Boston is not that wide, Salem’s lodging is perhaps pretty expensive due to that.

I love visiting some museums while I was in Salem as well and one particular museum that left me wondering was the Salem Witch Museum. There

were lots of information on witchcraft trials on Salem before and the basic Massachusetts colony. The museum was always jam packed, and you should know why. As for other attractions, hmmm, I would say the people of Salem as being friendly and definitely looked gorgeous to me.

As for shopping wise, I remember going to Salem bringing just some cash and my boyfriend brought his credit card along. We were so happy to be buying things that we actually did not need. There were an array of shops in Pickering Wharf that I loved so much and these shops featured some great collection of antiques, artworks and some witch paraphernalia.

Last but not least, Salem to me is really a unique city and I would love to visit it again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381410228160731/k2311a1014/10.14.07